Check out the latest Mortgage Consumer Survey provided by Canadian Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC). This report is a compilation of over 3,000 mortgage consumers and their approaches, behaviours and perspectives as primary decision makers when purchasing a home, renewing their mortgage or refinancing their property.
Some of the key findings from the report are:
• Buyers continue to view homeownership as an investment and take time planning their purchase
• Mortgage consumers seek out and value advice from mortgage professionals
• Mortgage consumers use a variety of information sources throughout the mortgage process
• Mortgage consumers engage in pro-active shopping and are confident about their mortgage choices
• Mortgage consumers are pro-actively paying off their mortgage sooner
• Good level of financial literacy and prudence observed among mortgage consumers… however opportunities exist for improvementBACK TO NEWS FEED